PAKISTANI CHICKEN BIRYANI WITH VEGETABLE RAITA
Biryani is the Queen of the dishes in South Asia especially in Pakistan and India. It is one of the most consumed dishes in Pakistan and India. Although it is the combination of Curry and Rice but what matters is the combination, quantity and the right time to combine the ingredients for making the delicious and mouth watering sacred dish of South Asia. However it is not limited to India and Pakistan but many other neighboring countries also have the fortunate opportunity but the taste differs from place to place and people to people. Although in Pakistan, you can experience different taste of Biryani with different kinds of meats like Chicken, Mutton, Lamb, Beef and even Fish. The most economical and widely eaten Biryani on daily basis is Chicken Biryani, so here is our effort to provide you an easy to cook recipe of Chicken Biryani.
Tomato= 1/2 kg
Potato= 1/2 kg
Garlic & Ginger paste= 1 teaspoon
Green chilli= 1/2 teaspoon (chopped)
Coriander= 1 teaspoon
Cooking oil= 2tablespoon
Rice= 1 kg
Biryani masala= 2 teaspoon
Garam masala= 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder= 1/2 teaspoon
Fresh green mints= 1/2 teaspoon
Salt= 1/2 cup
Garam masala powder= 1/2 teaspoon
METHOD TO MAKE CHICKEN BIRYANI
1. For making chicken biryani, first, we need to brown onion into two tablespoons of cooking oil.
2. After that add chicken, potato and garlic ginger paste into it, let them fry for 3 minutes.
3. Then add tomato, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and cook for 10-15 minutes in a medium flame.
4. Remove the cap of the kettle and stirring this for two minutes and add a half cup of water until potato will be cooked.
5. Now, remove the cap of the kettle and green chili, coriander, green fresh mints, and the last biryani masala.
I suggest you use Shan biryani masala because it tastes better than the other biryani masala.
NOW IT’S TIME TO BOIL RICE FOR CHICKEN BIRYANI:
1. Take a kettle and fill 75% of water in it, add garam masala, One and a half tablespoon of salt and bring it to boil.
2. After boiling the water, add drained rice into the kettle and let them cook.
3. When 75% rice is cooked then remove kettle of rice from the stove and drain rice from boiled water.
4. Now take a big kettle and fill it with 50% of boiled rice into the kettle, then add chicken gravy on the rice.
5. Again add 50% of remaining rice on the gravy.
6. Take a half onion and fry into 1 tablespoon of oil.
7. Pour the fried onion with oil into the full of rice kettle.
8. Start the stove and low the flame, put the rice kettle on the stove.
9. After 10-15 minutes turn off the stove.
10. Now its time to serve chicken biryani.
Chicken biryani with vegetable raita is a perfect combination.
USE BASMATI RICE:
Basmati rice is one of the best rice for used in chicken biryani because it is larger and thinner than the other rice after cooking.
Green fresh mint=1 teaspoon
Black pepper powder=1/2 teaspoon
METHOD TO MAKE RAITA:
1-Take a big bowl and add all chopped vegetables into a bowl.
2-Add yogurt, black pepper powder, salt and mix all ingredients together with a spatula.
3-Now your vegetable RAITA is ready to serve.
You can have it with biryani as well as with pulao. 🙂